14th Annual Conf. on Ancient America Oct 5-7 2018
(0100- Conf. 2018)
2018 AAPS 14th Annual Conference on Ancient America
October Fri. 5th- Sun. 7th, 2018
To REGISTER Use Grey box, upper right, where it says "Ready to Order?" Choose how many registrations you wish, and proceed as guided.
PLEASE, if you have problems negotiating this process, CALL Judy for a phone registration: 906-942-7865 or 810-299-5210
Registration for all programs, exhibits, activities is $185
Add to your order, (Our guests RAVE about The Island's food and service!)
Four fab buffet meals ($92 includes taxes and tips) click link here: http://www.aaapf.org/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=78
Island Resort/ casino/Convention Center
14 miles west of Escanaba, MI, Hwy US2/41
NOTE: Casino operates on Eastern Standard Time
Please book your own hotel room;
Our reserved discount block is over, so hurry to secure a room in general registrations
Hotel Phone- 800-682-6040
Bonus: Hotel guests receive cash discount coupons. You must pick up your coupons from the hotel desk, then "cash" them at nearby Player's Club. This gives you discounts in their restaurants & food bars. Plus gambling chits, if you wish to try your luck.
* Goeffrey Whittum: Woodswalker extraordinaire, back after 5 years, to tell of his fabulous new finds in stones (dolmens, menhirs, balanced, structures, walls... of CT, VT, MA, NH) He calls his new program, "Evidence of a Lost Civilization in New England; the Appalachian Backbone."
* Sarah Kholer: of Mass. A woodswalker and friend of Geoffrey’s, with a different approach to her finds: “Circles in Stone; Art and Geometry of the Stone People”
NEW! * Jo Lorichon, Jim Scherz & team: on recent examinations of a very large magnetic standing stone"menhir" with curious markings, in N. MN
* Wayne May: Publisher of Ancient American Magazine, author, researcher. And co-sponsor of AAPS Conferences. Exciting new research: Hindu America"
* Dr. James Scherz: Master surveyor & mathematician, "Long Range Alignments from Effigy Mounds to the Keweenaw". More fine connections pointing to U.P. Copper Country!
* Dr. Lee Pennington: World traveler and award-winning author & film-maker shall share his long time research on, "Spratt Stone Works: Kentucky's Lost City"
* Lon Kreger: Retired military man, expert at digging for facts, has found a passion for ancient garden beds of Michigan. His expansive research gives a new and broader understanding to these mysterious structures. "The Amazing Garden Beds of Ancient America"
* Rick Osman back after many years, has much to share about his research in stone walls, structures etc. of the Ohio Valley.
* Jay Wakefield: world traveler, always has some well researched things to share, this time a most intriguing look at- "The ICA Stones" of South America
*Dr. Steve Spyrison: Researcher- "Making the connection between 'crop circles' and ancient sites and petroglyphs"
*Earl Meshigaud: A brief history of the Hannahville Tribe, their growth, the "Turtle" Center and association with AAPS. Earl is the director of the Potawatomi Cultural Center, and liason to AAPS on the AAPS Collection displayed within the Center. He is ably assisted by Claude Alexander in teaching their culture and language to their youth.
* Richard Moats Avocational archaeologist and Archaeo-astronomer. "The Reconstruction and Archaeoastronomy of a Hopewell Hilltop Celestial Observatory in Ohio; A window into Hopewell religion"
** Bruce Hardwick & Duane Kinnart: These Ojibway cousins always bring us ways and wisdoms to look at the world and into our hearts. They are Spirit-led, so we never give a title for their talks.
* Dr. Carl Johannessen: The definitive researcher on "out of place" plants & animals of the ancient world. We hope our dear old friend will be well enough to again make the trip to the UP.
Conference SCHEDULE...Works for now, but could change as Life Happens (PLEASE don't print out and use at conf. Final schedule will be in your packet)
LISTEN for GONG to get to Programs on Time. (EST at Conf Center)
8:00 – 8:40 – Seller, Exhibits Set-up
8:00 – 9:30 – REGISTRATION: Nametags and Packets
8:45 – 9:25 - Sales, Exhibits, Networking
NOTICE: Sales/Exhibit room is CLOSED during speaker presentations.
9:30 -10:05 - Welcome, Intros, AAPS Board, Guests, VOTING for AAPS…
10:15 –10:45 – Jo Lorichon, Jim Scherz & team: MN Menhir/Magnetic Rock
10:55 –11:50 – RICK OSMON: New discoveries in the Ohio Valley
12:00– 1:30 – LUNCH - BREAK- Sales, Book-signings, Exhibits, Networking
1:35 – 2:30 - SARAH KOHLER: “Circles in Stone; Art and Geometry of the Stone People”
2:35 – 3:10 – BREAK- Sales, Exhibits, Networking
3:15 – 4:10- RICHARD MOATS: "The Reconstruction and Archaeoastronomy of a Hopewell Hilltop Celestial Observatory in Ohio; A window into Hopewell religion"
4:15 – 5:10 - Dr. STEVE SPYRISON: Researcher- "Making the connection between 'crop circles' and ancient sites and petroglyphs"
5:15 – 6:40 – DINNER - Sales, Book-signings Exhibits, Networking
6:45 – 7:40 – GEOFFREY WHITTUM "Evidence of a Lost Civilization in New England; the Appalachian Backbone."
– Panel Discussion: Rick Osmon, Sarah Kohler, Richard Moats, Steve Spyrison, Goeffrey Whittum
9:15 – 10:30 – Story-Telling and Group Drumming
8:30 – 9:25 - Sales, Book-signings, Exhibits, Networking
9:30 – 10:30 – DR. JAMES SCHERZ: “Long Range Alignments from Effigy Mounds to the Keweenaw”
10:00 – 10:55- WAYNE MAY: “Hindu America”
11:00 – 11:55 – EARL MESHIGAUD: A brief history of the Hannahville Tribe, their growth, the "Turtle" Center and association with AAPS
NOON – 1:00 – LUNCH
1:00 –2:00 - Sales, Book-signings, Exhibits, Networking
2:05 – 3:00 – LON KREGER: “The Amazing Garden Beds of Ancient America”
3:10 – 4:05 – JAY WAKEFIELD: “The ICA Stones of South America”
4:15 – 5:00 - Sales, Book-signings, Exhibits, Networking
5:00- 6:15 – DINNER and Cash Bar (in hall way)
6:20–7:20 – DR LEE PENNINGTON: “Spratt Stone Works: Kentucky’s Lost City”
7:30 – 8:45 – Panel Discussion; Jim Scherz, Wayne May, Earl Meshigaud, Lon Kreger, Jay Wakefield, Lee Pennington, Carl Johannessen, Bruce Hardwick, Duane Kinnart.
--- Networking, Cocktails, Cash bar in Grand Hallway
- Dr. CARL JOHANNESSEN: will share his latest research from his new book on ancient Maize where it should not be.
Closing with our dear friends of the Ojibwa community
- BRUCE HARDWICK and DUANE KINNART
– – Break down Exhibits/Sales room
- Optional lunch in Five Bridges Restaurant in Casino, opened just for us. (You buy your own meal)
Optional visit and tour to nearby Turtle Cultural Center and AAPS Collection, with Hannahville Community Spiritual Leader, Earl Meshigaud
NOTICE: STUDENTS and ACTIVE EDUCATORS: JOIN AAPS for $25 and get into conference FREE! Please purchase meal package.
Link to become a member:
To grow the knowledge, we encourage regular attendees to "Bring a person half your age" (or a generation lower) @ HALF PRICE Registration
Purchase meals here: http://www.aaapf.org/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=78
Please phone for STUDENT, EDUCATOR and DISCOUNT registrations
906-942-7865 or 810-299-5210
Email a Friend
Add to Favorites
Related Products :