(NOW PAST, but here for your review)
8th Annual AAPS International Conference on Ancient America
Sept 21-23, 2012
Holiday Inn, Marquette, Michigan
Co-Sponsored by Ancient American Magazine
Make Your Reservations NOW!
Discount room rate is $90 (reg. rates start @ $135) Holiday Inn 906-225-1351
(Registration includes $25 membership in AAPS,
and supports our efforts to save the largest
"float" copper in the world, and eventually build a diffusionist museum)
BTW- If couples who live at the same address register together, you can drop $25 from your total, making a couple's registration $295 instead of $320.
PAYING for CONFERENCE:
1. PAYPAL- proceed through full check-out process and use your PAYPAL account
2. Mail your check to AAPS, PO Box 216, Skandia MI 49885
SIX MEALS-With-the-Group-PACKAGE is only $100
INCLUDING 26% for tips and taxes.
At a Lower Price Than Last Year!
Based on feedback from attendees the last couple of years, saying our meals were too much and too sleepy-making, we will have some smaller meals, except for Sat. Dinner....but you won't go hungry! Please go here to order meals using PayPal, or mail your payment.
BASIC SCHEDULE (speaker time slots to come:)
NO Early Registration
9:00 am - 11:30 am - Registration
11:30 - 12:15 - Lunch with conf. group
12:30 - 5:00 - Speakers
5:00 - 5:40 - Networking, Sales, Exhibits
5:45 - 6:45 - Dinner with group
6:50 - 10:00 - Speakers & Q-As (with a short break in there)
8:00 -8:50 am - Breakfast with group
9:00 - 12:30 - Speakers
12:30 - 1:00 - Networking, Sales, Exhibits
1:00 - 1:50 - Lunch with group
2:00 - 5:15 - Speakers
5:15 - 6:00 - Networking, Sales, Exhibits
6:00 - 7:00 - Dinner with group
7:10 - 9:45 - Speakers
9:45- 10:00 - Networking, Sales, Exhibits
8:00 - 8:45 - Breakfast with group
8:50 - 12:30 - Speakers...Farewells
12:30 - 1:30 - Lunch on your own
1:45 - MAYBE Excursion: The Stone Mystery Circles near Forest Lake with Sue Belanger Depends on the birds...as it's a bird sanctuary area See a slide show on the circles here: http://www.slideshare.net/JudyMJohnson/forest-lake-circle-mounds
We have CONFIRMED SPEAKERS:
*Jay Wakefield, Author, Noted researcher: New Evidence for the Minoan use of the Route of the Upper North, that he found during his recent cruise around Iceland last July aboard the Le Boreal. Jay has been traveling extensively and meeting very interesting people in the field. We are eager to catch up with him and learn of his travels.
*Dr. Sam Osmanagich, Author/Researcher, Anthropology Professor, PhD in Mayan studies and Academician (Foreign member of Russian Academy of Natural Sciences). "Uncoverer" of the very important archaeological find, The Bosnian Pyramids. It's always exciting to hear the latest discoveries in this amazing monumental project. www.samosmanagich.com
*Dr. Lee Pennington, Filmaker/Researcher/Poet Laureate, Kentucky. "The Mysterious Stone Balls of Costa Rica- and the Rest of the World" Lee recently visited these wonderful perfectly formed stone balls, and has a nice powerpoint program to share. Sam Osmanagich may show some shots of similar balls in Bosnia. www.joleproductions.com
*Dr. Myron Paine, Author/researcher, specialist in ancient Norse-Algonquin language connections. Topic: Paradigm Shift
*Frank Joseph: Author of dozens of fascinating books:
HIGH TECHNOLOGY IN ANCIENT AMERICA: Did prehistoric Peruvians master human flight even before the advent of the Inca Empire? Did the native inhabitants of Brazil illuminate their temples with electric light during pre-Columbian times? Did the Incas or their ancestors use solar power to build their monumental walls? These are some of the questions addressed by Frank Joseph in his discussion
of Ancient Americans' surprising achievements .
*Bob Kreipke and Janine McFadden: Bob is Ford Motor Company Historian, and Janine is a film producer for Ford. Together they have created a film entitled; "America's Ancient Industry" which revolves to a great extent, around Michigan/UP Copper. It's been an eye-opening experience these last 3 years of research & production. They'll preview the film for us before it goes to TV.
* Dr. Carl Johannessen, NEW! We are delighted to report that Dr. Johannessen can make it to conference again. Author/Professor/Researcher: "The Source of Breakfast in Britin; The Diffusion of Food." http://geography.uoregon.edu/carljohannessen
* Wayne May, Author, Researcher, Publisher of Ancient American Magazine: www.ancientamerican.com His specialty is ancient North America mounds and mound-builders.
* Scott Mitchen, friend of Wayne May, is a diver and long time researcher of Ancient Copper. He'll have an exhibit of intriguing copper artifacts, and says he'll have some really ground-breaking news to share with us! Topic: Copper Culture, Connecting the Dots; Europe and Native Americans...Who were the First Peoples to Exploit the Copper?
* Robert Wheeler, Founder of Copper Country Ancient Sites Conservancy: will discuss recent efforts in public outreach and education, and site preservation.
* Karl Hoenke, researcher and unifier of diverse data- topic: Linkages to the Solutreans and Indo European Language Origins.
* Dr. John White, Symbology Expert: "The Identity
of the 'ËII Symbol' on the Burrows Cave artifacts" John has been deeply involved for many years with MES/Midwest Epigraphic Society. http://midwesternepigraphic.org/
* David Hoffman, Ancient Waterways specialist always has something of interest having many links to ancient travel, using, of course, Waterways! Topic: The Diffussionists Have Landed! He is an active part of the Yahoo interest group- Ancient Waterways: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ancient_waterways_society
* Duane Kinnart and Bruce Hardwick, Ojibway Wisdoms and ancient connections. Duane/Bear Heart teaches the world over about harmony with earth and mankind. He and his cousin Bruce will share where the spirit leads them to close our conference. Here's a link to an event, "Southwest Journey" he led in the desert southwest: http://www.leadfeather.org/leadfeather_southwest.pdf
* Charles Bruns, standing stone researcher, has a nose for megaliths in the northern Great Lakes, especially N. MN and WI. His finds and photos are always of great interest.
*Rick Osman; Author, Radio Show Host; Graves of the Golden Bear; Ancient Fortresses & Monuments of the Ohio Valley (Based on his new book with Scott Marlowe)
* Sue Belanger, Now BACK ON the agenda, Sue is discoverer of paleo and ancient copper evidence at what is now called The Belanger Site in and near Forest Lake, will share the latest discoveries, including a Ba'al symbol found during last fall's AAPS excursion.
* NEW! Scott Marlow, Anthropologist/ Cryptozoologist /Author has years of experience researching the science of Sasquatch of many types throughout the world. He’ll show “Bigfoot” images covering 1,000s of years world-wide, titled: Bi-Pedal Hairy Primates in Art History
* YES! Roger Jewell, researcher/author; He's so connected with UP copper and the Med...Minoan/Cypriot specifically. We will learn his latest discoveries on those connections to the Algonquian languages....and the Newberry Tablet!
* Charles DuCharme, researcher; My Brittany Experience. Charles recently visited the sites in Brittany/Carnac to see-feel for himself the standing stones, menhirs, dolmens and stone structures of thousands of years past. He's filling in the time slot on Sunday morning of Patrick Chouinard who is too ill to travel right now.
MAYBE...depending on the migrating birds on the site:
Sunday, carpool, @1:30 - Excursion: The Stone Mystery Circles near Forest Lake with Sue Belanger See a slide show on the circles here: http://www.slideshare.net/JudyMJohnson/forest-lake-circle-mounds
CANCELLED for THIS YEAR:
Scott Wolter, Geologist/Scientist/Ancient Markings researcher and Author. Topic: More on the Hooked X and his new book...which may be published by conf. time. http://www.hookedx.com/author.asp Scott has a business conflict at this time, so will have to wait till next year to hear his latest in person...otherwise we'll keep you up to date via email.
Kewaunee Lapseritis, M.S., Author, Master Herbalist, Scientist, Researcher: www.sasquatchpeople.com
This interesting man comes highly recommended by Michael Cremo and his assistant, Lori Erbs. Kewaunee has 55 years experience with the Sasquatch. What might Sasquatch have to do with ancient archaeology you say? Could be quite a lot! These hairy people do communicate, both in writing (English, Ogham & Indian sign symbols.) Kewaunee has learned there are different types. One known as the Ancient Ones is a term we have heard from our Native American friends. They are like us, but larger and more hairy as they live in the wilderness. The connection to AAPS interests is ....we'll keep it a mystery until you actually hear Kewaunee.
Peter Moon, Author, Researcher, www.skybooksusa.com, a man of many interests, especially in ancient teachings, will present about his extensive research on the "Romanian Sphynx & Megaliths" and their relation to Pyramids at Montauk Point, Long Island, NY.
Patrick Chouinard, author, editor of The New Archaeology Review, Topic: X-woman of Siberia and the Hobbits of Flores. http://www.forgotten-worlds.com/author.htm
Jim Paquette, Author of "The Find of a Thousand Lifetimes The Story of the Gorto Site Discovery," the oldest archeological site in the UP. He will show 10,000 year old projectile point cluster of about 3 dozen points found by him and John Gorto on the bottom of Deer Lake and much more. http://www.amazon.com/Find-Thousand-Lifetimes-Story-Discovery/
NEXT year we hope to welcome new speakers such as:
Gavin Menzies' associate, Ian Hudson: Copper Influences of ancient days.
Michael Tellinger, International authority on the origins of humankind and the vanished civilizations of southern Africa. David Hatcher Childress, Author/Researcher, History Channel star.
William Mann, Author of "Knights Templar in the New World" & "The Templar Meridians: The Secret Mapping of the New World" and he is Supreme Grand Master of the Knights Templar of Canada. We'd love to learn more about those maps. William is a friend of Scott Wolter who recommends him.
And perhaps some others of our regulars....
Dr. Don Spohn, Michigan Copper expert
Ritchie Brown, Hochunk native American researcher
Dr. James Scherz,
Larry Gallant, Author/researcher, Mounds and Ancient Stoneworks